- You are Here
- Parkway Transformation
Enhance your home's curb appeal and maximize your outdoor water efficiency with a sustainable and water-friendly parkway.
East Valley Water District is helping customers relandscape turf parkways (the area between the sidewalk and the street) with low water use plants at no cost to qualified customers through the new Transformation Program. Recipients will work with a licensed landscape contractor to design their parkways. Customers' turf will be removed, relandscaped with water efficient plants, boulders, drip irrigation, and decomposed granite at no cost.
Important Program Information
Program funding and duration is limited. Qualified applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing.
To apply for the program:
Email email@example.com or
Call (909) 806-4287 to obtain an application
Submit the completed application to the District for approval by:
- Email Conservation@eastvalley.org
- Dropped off or Mailed to 25318 5th Street, San Bernardino CA 92410
Parkway Transformation installation completed by EcoTech Services Inc. (license #988204)
Before applying, please read and review all program guidelines. Your property must be eligible in order to participate in the Parkway Transformation Program.
- Eligible project area must have living turf grass parkways (the area between the sidewalk and the street), and live within program parameters.
- Program only applies to transformation of parkways. Customers looking to relandscape their entire yard can work with the contracted landscaping company, however, the customer must pay the costs incurred outside of the parkway.
- This program will not apply retroactively. Preexisting projects of turf removal, which was initiated and/or completed prior to the approval of an application by East Valley Water District, shall not be eligible for participation in this program.
- Customers who participate in the Parkway Transformation Program agree to maintain the project site a minimum of 5 years. Failure to maintain or keep parkway transformation may require participant to refund the cost of the project amount.
- Participation in the program is voluntary and does not constitute any representation or promise of any cost savings whatsoever.
- East Valley Water District reserves the right to refuse and deny an application based upon the location of the project, existing conditions of the parkway, overall program funding, and site evaluation conducted by licensed contractor.
- Participant allows East Valley Water District to publicize efforts/results associated with this project.
- Participant must work with East Valley Water District's licensed contractor and the District will not cover work with outside partners.
- East Valley Water District will cover eligible customers up to $12 per sq/ft on landscaping design, turf removal, installation, materials, and labor (paid at prevailing wage) for parkway relandscaping. Should customers request enhanced parkway upgrades, they will be responsible to cover increased program costs.